NextGen Youth Leadership Summit 2019
Time & Location
About The Event
From the Syrian refugee crisis to the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar to the crackdown on internet freedom in Vietnam, many human rights challenges face the leaders of our world today. Have you ever wondered what you can do to make a difference? Then come to BPSOS' first ever NextGen Youth Leadership Summit where you will gain the knowledge and practical skills needed to become an effective international advocate. During the four day summit you will get to...
- Learn about international policy-making from experts in various fields of international advocacy
- Hear from speakers from USAID, the State Department and various international advocacy groups
- Apply your new skills in an international crisis simulation as the leader of the American government, an advocacy organization, or as a newspaper reporter
- Build friendships and connections with other like-minded students
- Join us for our annual Vietnam Advocacy Day July 10th to meet your congressional delegation and advocate for human rights in Vietnam
If you are looking for a jump start on your career in international advocacy or just want a deeper understanding of the international human rights movement, then this summit is for you! Are you ready to be a NextGen leader?
To guarantee your spot, sign up by June 4th by purchasing your tickets at the bottom of this page. All lodging and food for Sunday the 7th through the morning of Tuesday the 9th is covered by the $100 registration fee. $50 of the fee is non-refundable. Refunds will not be provided after May 24th. Registrants must find their own accommodations in D.C. for the night of Tuesday the 9th. All registrants under the age of 18 must have an accompanying adult for at least the night of Tuesday the 9th, but parents are welcome to attend the whole conference! A list of recommended hotels will be provided to all registrants and feel free to email our conference coordinator any questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents of Students/Volunteers$100$1000$0