Dear BPSOS Supporters,
We need to raise 100K by December 31, 2017 to meet our financial target for this year. Your donations have allowed us to help refugees in Thailand, victims of religious persecutions, prisoners of conscience at-risk and many other humanitarian cases.
UPDATE 12/05/17: For those in need today and their democratic future: A year-end appeal
* An opportunity to double your charity donations up to $200,000.
According to our tradition, December is the year-end season of charitable donations. Year-end charitable contributions also present an opportunity for individuals or companies to qualify for a tax deduction in this calendar year.
At the end of each year, BPSOS appeals for contributions from donors to fund its operations of the following year. In particular this year, a young entrepreneur who roots for our cause, has set aside a matching gift of $100,000. Starting from December 5th until December 31st, each dollar you donate will be matched by a dollar until this matching fund reaches its $100,000 limit. Hence, your charitable contributions will get double impacts.
This fund will be used to:
(1) Providing legal protection for refugees in Thailand would be at risk if returned to Vietnam;
(2) Create livelihoods for hundreds of refugee families in Thailand;
(3) Help and intervene for prisoners of conscience;
(4) Develop strength and capacity for communities to protect their rights and interests.